Saturday, July 25, 2015
Tuesday, July 21, 2015
KI don't know about everyone else, but I can't understand why covers for ereaders are so darn expensive. To that end I decided to make myself one. This is the second one I made, the first has been trashed ... Did not fit well at all, but again, I learned a lot through the process. I'm gonna make another one at some point which I'm sure will be better.
In life as well as quilting, there is always something to learn. One of the things that has bugged me for years is how bulky seams get. Somewhere along the way I found this tutorial (http://lavieenrosie.typepad.com/lavieenrosie/2012/04/seams-a-poppin.html).
Once I understood the process it was simple and quick so I ended up making a bunch using my 2 1/2" scrap squares.
Now to join them in the same manner! That's the next challenge which the tutorial also includes.
Wednesday, July 15, 2015
Made myself a tote like what I did for my mom with some fabric I had for a while that I didn't want to cut unless I had the 'perfect' project for. Lol Crosshatch quilted the body of the bag instead of using fusible fleece. Worked out pretty well. Used This tote pattern which was very easy to understand and work with. http://thelongthread.com/?p=10690
New plan afoot here! Going to try to keep the documentation of my creative endeavors and project ideas here in my blog and post from here. This way I can maybe have some semblance of order. Hope it works!
This is a Minecraft 'Steve' pillow made for my Grandson Elden in May 2015.
So I'm caught up on the Vacation Time Sew Along (http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/2015-vacation-time-mystery-bom.htm). Here's the pictures so far. Loving this project but am trying to use this particular line of fabric I have without buying anymore. Hopefully I will have enough. Have a block for August to go which will be done once the block design is announced. Then it is quilt building time. That will be interesting and I definately will have enough fabric for that part!