Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cutting Strips for Stash

I've been thinking about fabric and how to make it more useful - I know - who could say fabric isn't useful? My stash is comprised of mostly one yard or greater pieces or scraps which is comprised of strips from other projects or just plain old scraps. In the reading on other blogs I've noticed that people work from strips that they cut from their fabrics. Tonya talks about it in this post on her blog: http://lazygalquilting.blogspot.com/2008/11/cutting-strips.html. Makes alot of sense to me so now I have another dilemna - what sizes do I cut the strips and how do I organize them? Talk about overthinking! I think my answer is like the nike commercial: Just DO IT! So...I'm on my way to cut strips and see how it goes! Any suggestions would certainly be welcome - especially from my PROJECT IMPROV buddies!

1 comment:

  1. I am working on a project now, and it is totally improv. What I've been doing is cutting strips in 3" and in 2.5" in width. The length is about 22" because I've cut a 1/2 yard of 45" fabric in half before stripping. The 3" has helped to cut into 3" squares or to cut the strip in half and have 1.5" for the log cabin sides that I am doing. I hope this helps. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete